Sunday, April 29, 2007

Six Feet Under Series

Alan Ball, the director of Six Feet Under, once said "Beauty is in the strangest places. A piece of garbage floating in the wind. And that beauty exists in America. It exists everywhere. You have to develop an eye for it and be able to see it."

I wonder if he would enjoy this blog?

Likely one of the best TV shows I've ever seen, Six Feet Under is a beautiful 5 season drama. I just spent the last few days watching it from episode one to end. And now, emotionally drained, and a bit depressed and lonely, I thought I'd post it in this archive of beautiful things.

The series, for those who haven't heard, is about a family and their funeral home business. Unsurprisingly the series deals with death in every possible facet the writers can think up. They pull the characters through a web of depressing situations, most of which are caused by the characters inability to communicate with their family and friends.

A melodramatic daughter, a gay mortician, an aimless son, and a stifled mother make up the main cast. The acting is believable, and the characters are both loved and hated by the audience on any given episode.

I love this show. But now after finishing, I may need to see a shrink.
Truly beautiful.
Two thumbs up.

Here is the final 6 minutes of the last episode, which by my standards is the most complete and appropriate series finale I've seen... but i recommend watching the entire series before this. And I also recommend having some tissue at hand, and a phone by your side to call your loved ones.