Sunday, April 15, 2007

Drawing Everyone






I Made Pictures of Making a Picture of Everyone Who Might Be Looking At These Pictures of Everyone on Vimeo

This first post inspired me to create this blog in the first place. I found this short video quite beautiful. It's not particularly advanced film-making, but what interested me was how much this video affected many of it's viewers...

"I got tears and chills ! Thank you for this moment !"
"This is beautiful. I love your style. It's really organic."
"One of, it not THE most beautiful clip on vimeo."

People began interacting with the work by declaring which image represented them,
and adding themselves to the cast of the video.

"I found myself at :43, right side, so I'm adding myself to the cast."

Whether the artist, Alexander Itin, planned on such interactivity or not, I find this a beautiful aspect to this work.

It is quite an inspiring piece of work, with appropriate music, and although it is highly amateur in quality, that seems to be masked by the intriguing idea of trying to draw everyone who may be watching him try to draw everyone.